One of the most important aspects of your home, office or industrial building is its plumbing. The absolute last thing you want to experience is a failure within the system, which could mean no running water or leaks causing water damage, among other issues. None of which one wants to experience.
But when the inevitable occurs, it is important to keep these tips in mind to ensure you hire on a top tier plumber.
“Finding an ideal and well-versed plumbing contractor is crucial,” proclaimed TC Plumber’s area manager of Lino Lakes Plumber. They state you need to ask several questions before making the purchase.
- Ask about their licensing – are the licensed to do the work. Some will display this on their website, if they don’t just ask them on the phone if they do
- Ask about proof of insurance, this is a no-brainer
- How long have they been in business? This doesn’t always mean you deal with a competent operator but it’s a good test.
- After doing a plumbing inspection, they should be able to give you a rough estimate of the cost to repair.
- Ask about what type of warranty or guarantee they offer after the service is complete
- Ask for references or look at their website for reviews from previous customers
Some further questions to ask are just general related to the actual job procedure. Such as asking about who will be visiting your property and coming into your house. Ask about providing a picture of this individual – safety should be at the top of their priorities and concerns.
Also, be sure to inquire about pricing. Is it a fixed rate for a “the job” or does the clock and bill run up by the hour or even by the minute?
These few questions should help your determine the ideal plumber to come to your property and repair, replace or install new plumbing, unclog drains or any other plumbing related service they offer.